photo/video providers

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2009 at 8:26 PM
what are some of the video and photo providers we should support:

Live.com
picasaweb.google.com
Flickr.com

any others?  As a local resource I guess?
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Well, for video we should definitely look into YouTube for searchable content. There are a few sites that host videos, but looking into storing in a local location on that server could be an option. I know that's where I'll store my pictures and videos.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 3:26 PM, goyomiller <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

what are some of the video and photo providers we should support:

Live.com
picasaweb.google.com
Flickr.com

any others?  As a local resource I guess?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SilverLightPWS@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SilverLightPWS@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Looking at the YouTube API, it would actually be easy for us to add :

- Simple youtube search and display results, that we could stream through silverlight
- Accept a username/password to retreive that user's specific videos (what he/she uploaded to YouTube)
- Let a user upload videos to YouTube directly through our GUI, using a cool uploader like http://www.codeplex.com/SilverlightFileUpld for instance

Unknowns: Can you use YouTube for private videos, only available to you? Or is everything that's uploaded on YouTube available publicly? If that's the case, then maybe YouTube becomes a "nice to have" rather than a good source to store a user's specific videos.

Thoughts?
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Here's a .net API for flickr as well, if we choose to go down that route: http://flickrnet.codeplex.com/ . Briefly looking at the code, there's a lot of stuff in there so it must be fairly complete! Definitly worth looking in to.